Sunday, April 17, 2016

Troughs... with a side helping of Indecision

The Black Dog has bitten me really hard over the last couple of weeks.
The annoying bout of insomnia is still hanging about, making it hard for me to formulate clear and confident decisions. 
I doubt my decision~making on a GOOD day, so this fog I am currently wading through is maddeningly debilitating.

It's not all bad, am still getting the basics done... I mean, I had a wakeful baby who trained me well for this sh!t... 
I am still spinning every day, and have also been dyeing fibres for the shop so I am still really trying to keep a positive spin on things, you have to, eh? 

At least the Dog hasn't robbed me of the ability to do that... YET >.<

A few weeks ago, I put a couple of my handspun min-skeins up for grabs, and the lovely Marce (aka Brownberry) was the lucky recipent...

She has a podcast, called 'The Brownberry Chronicles', where she talks about her life, her knitting and other great stuff, like what people send her in the post.
In her latest episode, she opens the package I sent her containing my Handspun, it's a bout 39 mins in but I'd highly recomend you watch it all ! !


It was a complete surprise to me that she was going to put it on her podcast, so, seeing her reaction and especially the look on her face was such an unexpected joy. 
A little overwhelming to begin with if to completely honest, because of the headspace I am currently inhabiting, but once I'd processed it, it gave me a real sense of achievement and happiness. You know what, I might actually have been proud of myself... yeah, don't all faint with the shock :P 
But ultimately I was just happy that I'd made someone else happy, you know? 
It's only every now and then I get to experience the effect of what I do has on people in real time. Words on a feedback page, or comments on social media don't come alive quite so much as seeing the look on someones face :)

Thankyou, Marce, for your amazing words, and I cannot wait to see how you incorporate my handspun into your work. 

It's gonna be awesome, I know that much !


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home