Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cornish Cheese

Remember a few months ago, I shared a new base yarn picture with you, Radiance Sock?

Well, I made 200g of it into a scarf, Swiss Cheese by Winnie Shih. It was this years Holiday knitting, and I finally finished it on Monday, on the journey up to my Grandpa's funeral.
Had a few hiccups initially, due (I think) to differing cast off methods, but once I understood the designers methods, all was good.
Theres a great balance between the “mindless” garter stitch rows and the more complex hole construction rows, making it a perfect pattern for picking up and putting down without losing your place.
Using a crochet cast (learned through sideways hat knitting a la Wormhead) on for the holes, as I want good stiff hole definition.
Measures 37.5cm/13in wide and 127cm/50in long.
Will be easy to make thinner and longer... you just change the cast on :)

I wear it folded over, so a double thickness scarf, and it has had so many comments so far. I love it, and the yarn is just perfect :)
Radiance Sock will be staying in my inventory, you'll be pleased to hear, as it's perfect for this kind of project!!!


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

That's my 'me' knitting for this winter decided! I need to make me one of these.

Gorgeous. Great job, the pattern really works with your yarn!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

I shall have to try Radiance Sock as I love the aran version a lot. I've finally found the match between my Stingray and a pattern. I'm using it to make a Quynn for me to keep my ears warm this winter.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home