Thursday, July 22, 2010

The 4 oz Challenge

(L to R) Hello Yarn “Air” (merino/tencel) SCF “Hades” (Polwarth/tencel) and Spunky Eclectic “Algae” (Merino/Bamboo)

Here it all is braided together, so you get an idea of how it will look all spun up :)

I am hoping to be able to make it into an Aran weight, but, as there is a lot of protien fibres in there, I expect it will want to go skinny ;) The challenge is to spin a yarn to make 4 oz, and then write a pattern and publish it, both to be done in the months of August and September.

How the yarn turns out will dictate what I design... but I expect it will be a hat...
I like Hats :)

If you fancy joining the "4 oz Challenge" please click this link to be taken to the Ravelry group :)


Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

gorgeous colours:)

6:08 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

Sounds like fun! Good luck, and I love the colours

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home