Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Restrained?

This is everything I brought back with me from Wonderwool at the weekend...thought you might like to see ;)

Red Skulls...now as you all know I am a little bit partial to our skeletal friends ;) Awesome Project Bag from the uber talented NicsKnots

Some totally bargainous Mirasol Hapi, 4 skeins for £8!! How could I not make a cheeky purchase? Not a fan of cotton, but this stuff is gorgeous...destined to be some kind of shawl...maybe ;)

As soon as I saw this, I just knew I had to have it. It's a skein of Natural Dye Studio Precious...and its myyyyyy Preciouussss now :)

These fibres are from Freyalyn (above is Superfine Merino, and below is Merino~Silk) ...and the orange stuff is now on my new wheel...nomNomNOM :)


This is some Alpaca~merino~Boo gifted to me by LongdrawJames... hereafter know as "The Tall Guy"...hahaha.....just my colours :) Thanks Matey!

This Beautiful Spindle was made by Kevin Rhodes The whorl is Coccabola and the shaft is maranti,weighs about 37g. It....well.....just bewitched me...srsly! I am not a spindler, but now I am without a travelling wheel, I totally enabled myself into buying it. And, the mose excellent Donna (ApricotQueen on Ravelry) helped me to make a DIY wrist distaff...so hopefully this will encourage me to spindle more, as I won't be scared of it all going phooey :) Thanks Donna :)

So, I was restrained, right??
Well, I think I was, compared to most of the people I met......hehehe

3 Comments:

Blogger Puddytat purr said...

Definitely restrained compared to me, but then; I bought half of Wonderwool!

1:53 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

VERY nice!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Great Haul! Isn't Preciousssss delicious? And I'm a bit partial to the odd Kevin Rhodes spindle myself (and his Niddy Noddys, and Shawl pins, and...) And my first Nicsknots bag arrived today, and already has a project stashed away inside!

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home