Monday, April 26, 2010

Pic Heavy - My first WonderWool :)

I had an absolutely brilliant time in Wales this weekend...with my buddy Nicsknots
We travelled on Friday over to the venue, got there in about 3 or so hours from Leicester...and with me navigating, that was pretty good going ;)

It was a lot bigger than I was expecting, far bigger than Woolfest which meant there was loads of room to move about, and it was really light and airy.
I went as a visitor/occasional helper, so I got plenty of time to meet lots of lovely peeps and take lots of photos...

This tall fella is James...who, I think, took at least a 1/3 of all spinning fibres home with him ;)

This is Helen and Nik...friends from Cardiff I have met through Ravelry. They both make sock creatures, of which I have quite a few, and it was so ace to finally meet and spend a bit of time with them :)
I also spent quite a bit of time down in the Interactive area, a place set up for peeps to go and sit andknit, spin or just Chat. You could also have a go on various wheels there, and maybe do a bit of felting or make drum carded batts, with the lovely Jill aka Wrigglefingers. It was set up by the lovely AmberMoggie (pictured here with her lovely husband Mr Mog )

and WyeSue , here demonstrating how to make felted beads :)

All the usual suspects were exhibiting there, my lovely friend Jen who had by the time I took this photo, stopped bouncing, maybe I should call her Tigger ;)



And here's the lovely Queenie again, with Debbie and Debbie :)

and another trio of lovely ladies, Sarah, Juliet and Daniela :)


This was Daniela's stand....it was quite breathtaking...full of gorgeous fibres and lovely handspun yarns.
I am really hoping to have my own stand there next year, but, we will have to wait and see!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

It looks amazing. I am so jealous of all the fibrey fun you had.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

Oh it looks fab! I want to go now! Well, next year anyway. Everyone in your photos looks so happy :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Sarah,

Lovely to meet you and thanks for dealing with the kids and the carder - my lunch was great!

Jill aka Wrigglefingers

11:25 PM  
Blogger Guzzisue said...

It was amazing weekend, now I just have to find time to spin all the lovely fluff I bought :-)

6:21 AM  
Blogger Daisy said...

It looks fantastic - and a lot more room to move around than some yarny thing I've been to! :-)

1:35 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Yay, was lovely to meet you there. Next time I plan on having time to sit and chat to people. Literally didnt get out of the door until closing time.

Quite surprised that its bigger than Woolfest! Not too bothered about missing out on Woolfest now :)

5:17 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Looks like you had a fabby time! Wish it was a leetle bit nearer to me (then again... if we stay with his folks, we're halfway there...plots...) Nice to recognise so many faces, too.
See you at Woolfest!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

It was a fabulous weekend and great to see you again:)

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home