Thursday, April 22, 2010

Aeonium



Here is my latest hat, from WoollyWormhead's new book Twisted Woolly Toppers, "Aeonium"
Made from my own hand~dyed British merino Aran, in a colourway called "Frosty Skies"....
A really fantastic and intuitive pattern, looks like it will be really complicated to do, but it isn't. And, it's actually the first hat of Woolly's I havn't made a mistake on!!
So, if I can do it, anyone can ;)
One tip though, use really pointy DPNs when you get near the end of the crown decreases ;)

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Very nice! I like that a lot, such a great swirling pattern.. circular and angular all at once!

2:36 AM  
Blogger Woolly Wormhead said...

Gorgeous!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oo I likes! Gorgeous colourway too, suits you :-)

7:46 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

Looks fabulous! Knitpro Wooden circs and ML worked for me... but yes, they NEED to be pointy!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Mildawg said...

Very pretty! The yarn is perfect for it.

5:37 PM  
Blogger cat inna hat said...

it looks really fun to knit up!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home