Sunday, January 10, 2010

Plying Games

So, I'm participating in a spin~a~long on Ravelry, on the Southern Cross Fibres Forum.This is my first effort, two separate yarns with only one ply different between them.

This was my starting point...
( L to R )
Falkland Merino, solid merino to make a self striping ply, and then SCF Polwarth in the "Budgie" colourway

This is the result, a heavy worsted 3 ply yarn, that self stripes. Theres 130g and approx. 190yds

Now, I ran out of the self~striping single, so I subbed some solid Black merino I had left over from another spinning project.


What a difference a ply makes, eh?


3 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

Wow I love this Sarah:)

7:13 PM  
Blogger Mildawg said...

It's absolutely gorgeous.

12:29 AM  
Blogger lottie said...

looks bloody stunning babe

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home