Monday, December 21, 2009

Not SuperSecret Yarn, but.......ThickSock!!


I have added another a new base yarn to the Babylonglegs range. It is *perfect* for thick socks, you know, the ones you can wear under wellies or boots...or in bed :D
The beauty of knitting socks in a thicker yarn is that they grow so quickly...giving you semi~instant knitting gratification!!
Also a good thickness if the yarn is for sock knitting beginners......
It has a fantastic mix of fibres, 55% Alpaca~25% wool~25% nylon.
You have the Alpaca and the wool, which both provide excellent insulation and good wicking properties, then the nylon for strength, meaning all your hard knitting work will last longer ;)
I a currently working on a free DK sock pattern that I will include with every purchase of it...but you know me....good intentions and all that!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

oo yum! Will be keeping a look out, my Mum keeps dropping unsubtle hints about some snuggley socks

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

That sounds ace....might get socks finished if it's chunkier yarn ;)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Mildawg said...

Mmm! It looks lovely. I absolutely adore the dyeing.

5:38 PM  
Blogger julie ridley said...

Ooh I can't wait. I will definitely be getting some of this!

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home