Friday, November 06, 2009

Shed Progress

This is the side of our house before any work has been done. The shed is going to be located in between the back door and the side gate, and as high as the outside light (approx) It's going to be a lean to......so we had to have the external gas pipe heightened.



The builder blocked up the outside cupboards first, and then today came back and lifted all the concrete slabs, so that he can come back in the morning and fill the hole with 4 inches of concrete. A waterproof membrane will go down first, to stop any rising damp, and then the concrete next :) Luckily for us all, there's already a layer of slabs underneath the existing ones, so there's a good base there already.

The shed is being constructed on the 18th November.......so it's becoming a reality now!!!
I am so excited......I can take Babylonglegs to the next level in 2010!!!
I wouldn't have been able to do it without the huge amount of support I get from my family, and also from all of you guys, buying my stuff and making me work really hard all the time ;)

.:: SQUUUUEEEEEEEEEESSSS ::.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

Amazing! Can't wait to see more progress!! :~)

5:05 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Wowee! I know you will have your own woolly empire soon :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

WOW! It's going to be huge!!
Soooo exciting ;)
xxx

8:57 PM  
Blogger knitmom-wi said...

Congratulations on getting a shed of your own...I am envious.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Really, really pleased for you. I can't wait to see it.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

Getting building work to improve your home in any shape or form is exciting. BUT I can imagine getting your whole very own studio is about as exciting as it gets.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Debbie said...

Fantastic! Having been there two years ago, when the dust and mess seem never-ending, believe me, it will all be worth it and you'll never look back : )

6:15 PM  
Blogger Daisy said...

That's so exciting. Looking forward to seeing progress pics.

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home