Saturday, March 14, 2009

My first custom spin!!!



This is my first custom spin :) I have made it for a very talented dyer called Jacinta, out of two of her “Slushies”, which are made up of 50% mulberry silk and 50% 15 micron merino, a complete dream to spin....so soft and easy to draft.……. she has an etsy shop here, and her stuff is amazing :)
She wanted a thick and thin yarn, so I did that (well as much as my inner control freak would let me) over 3 bobbins and plied it last night….havn’t measured it all yet, as its still drying. I am really, really pleased with it, and am very sorry to have to part with it!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger picperfic said...

It looks so pretty, lovely colours too!

5:07 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

The colours and the plying look amazing!

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home