Sunday, February 08, 2009

Playing with semi-solids




Been having a play with my slow cookers and creating what I'd define as "semi~solid"....ie layers of mottled colour (in the same colour family) that give the yarn an almost 3D quality...
Thsese are the results...on a bog standard cream superwash aran I had in my stash.....quite pleased with the results... :D
Superwashed yarn is brilliant base for semi-solids, especially the thirstier SW wools....as they suck up the dyes in a really uneven way, allowing for the building up of coloured "layers" :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Yum! I love semi solids colours.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Myrthestiek said...

Yummie, looks great!

9:53 AM  
Blogger Ruth Singer said...

looking good! Please bring for personal inspection!

7:47 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

they look great!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Clair Coult said...

Wow! They've turned out really well :D :D :D

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home