Monday, July 21, 2008

Time out

We went away on a mini holiday last Thursday :) 'Twas good to have some time away to celebrate the good fortune of selling our house, and spend some quality time as a family....to help us remember why did did it all, I guess!!!

Thursday saw me and Phil in Cobham, Surrey, taking a sneaky peak of the new Corvette from GM (General motors)

Here it is, in all its glory. It's a 6th generation 'vette...but supercharged. It can go from 0-60 in 3.4 seconds, and its top speed is 205 mph......I googled for ages though, and I couldn't find out what its carbon footprint was ***winks***


And for my younger, more impressionable veiwers... don't try this at home :)


On Friday, we all went into London, and visited the Natural History Museum :) It was brilliant, and the kids loved it...


The kids also got to see the new Wembley stadium, as our train journey into the smoke takes us through Wembley. The poor guy with the window seat though, he was a real sweetie, foresaw that he was gonna get mugged by two excited children, and moved so they could see :)


Saturday saw myself and Phil off on our own again, over to Chartham, just outside Canterbury, to a gig, in which he was playing.



We had great fun, its been a very long time since I had lots of fun in a field with some mates :) Phil and I camped over, and we were the only ones still going at midnight, so I made him sit out with me, in the middle of this field in the moonlight. You see the sun all day, but you very rarely get to bask in really bright moonlight ;)

A fantastic weekend was had by all.......I feel re-energised, hopeful about the future....and boy does it feel good :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Sounds like you had a great few days, hun. Long may it continue and that feeling of energised-ness will continue throughout the summer hols ;)
We break up today (an hour and fifteeen mins and counting!) and I can't wait.
xx

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home