Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Arty-Farty mama?


"April Showers"

Inspired by the changeable weather over here at the moment, I explored the reactions of greens and blues with each other and how everything looks before and after the rain, with some yellow thrown in for a little sunshine :) It's made from 100% Merino, and will self stripe, as one single was spun from an array of blues and greens, and the other single is a blue throughout……I’d approximate the colour changes will last between 3 and 4 yards each... It's one of my most consistently spun yarns yet I reckon.....and I am very pleased with it :)

"Lipstick, Powder and Paint"

This one reminds me of those cosmetics counters you find in department stores, all the eyeshadows and lipsticks lined up in colour families. It was spun in the same way as "April Showers", each different coloured piece of roving spit into 3, then lined up in order, and then this single plied with a rather electric pink! I was hoping the other colours might calm it down a bit....but it won out in the end! Anyway, this one is for lovers of pink and warpaint everywhere!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love the pink Sarah. well done u deffo have a talent for it :-)
xxxx

10:51 PM  
Blogger lottie said...

looking good sweetie!!!

love the pinks!

xxx

7:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love those pinks!

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home