Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Midweek Mutterings......

An okay week sofar....with lots of lovely things to show and tell :) First off.....my Knitpicks Harmony Circulars from Get Knitted.....ooooooohhhh hhhhmmmmmm....and I got some sweeties and a free pen!!!

As I said on Monday, I've been experimenting in dyeing my new slow cooker....I did 100g of BFL on Monday, in pinks and purples.....and its turned out not too bad :) Ends are a little felted, but thats okay. I just need to work out the timings now.

Its spinning up okay.....!!!

I braided some more roving last night, and dyed it up in the braid.....so we shall see how that has turned out :) I am really enjoying the randomness of the dyeing......I am usually such a precise person, its nice to "allow" myself some "Lets just slap it on and see what happens"..... quite liberating in fact....hehehe

6 Comments:

Blogger Lyndsey-Jane said...

the harmonies are just gorgeous needles! whenever I get a parcel my boyfriend also asks if its from the sweetie place - he always get s to eat the sweets given with Get Knitted parcels.

11:00 AM  
Blogger Miffy said...

Love those colours, it looks gorgeous spun too.

And those Harmonies, they are beautiful, I can't wait to get using my DPNs

1:48 PM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Really nice yarn there. Im not getting on too well with spinning yet. I think its my wheel, its not adjustable and I haven't had time to work it out. Shame antiques don't come with instructions really.

You asked where I got my Sugar n Creme... I took part in a swap at Crochetville for some of it, and a friend in the USA sent me the rest. I have loads of it, mostly variagated and im a bit stuck as to what else to make with it other than dish cloths and face cloths.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

I love love love those harmonies! I was about to buy a pair of their dpns this morning but they don't go up to 4.5mm :(
That yarn is looking yum too.
The weather is shitty isn't it? I want to hide in a big hole for about a month.
xx

4:29 PM  
Blogger Myrthestiek said...

Beautiful dyed. I like this way of dying a lot too :o).

6:25 PM  
Blogger lottie said...

looks lovely and i'm going to stroke you harmony's on saturday!!!! then i may just have to order some ends for my options.

weather is really really shitty but this is the first year it's really buged me i think and it is really really bugging me now

love lottie

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home