Saturday, March 24, 2007

Had a clear out of my stash cupboard today.....

........and found some 2 oz balls of Aran/chunky vintage Sirdar Pullman yarn in Orange, that I bought off eBay eons ago. As I was boxing everything up, I had a thought....how about overdyeing it with red and black and making a colourway suitable for a Halloween!!!! So I skeined it all up, felting 2 balls together to make 2 x 4oz skeins and this is the result!!! Plus i felt this was a way of being frugal, and having fun with something already in my stash...as I have spent rather a lot of money on yarn this month *blush*
The red is food dye, and the black is Ashford dye. I did the red first, then I made up a dye bath in my big jam making pot and got it going on the stove, and as the handle of the jam making pot locks upright, I hung the skeins over it so the were dipped in the dyebath.
I am loving the Ashford dyes....I am definitely going to invest in some more colours......
Ooh, and some great news.....Gemma has *finally* opened here wool shop!!! Its called Krafty Koalas and its full of lovely YUMMY handpainted yarns.......
I am proud to say I was her first customer....bought 200g of Aran at 12.20am this morning.....hehehehe

3 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

That's ace!! I want to see what it knits up like NOW though! I'm not impatient you understand ;)
I can't make my mind up which yarn I NEED from Gemma's site and keep thinking need to buy some before it all goes!! What are we like?
xx

9:22 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

I love the yarn, I have just dyed my first lot and I think I'm addicted!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Knittingmummy said...

Hi, I often read your blog and I just thought I would say that on your recommendation I have just been on your friends site and bought some lovely yarn.
Amanda.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home