Saturday, December 02, 2006

Scrappy Flapper



This is how I spent my Saturday!!!!!
I got some amazing wool in the post this morning, from Gemma (who has started selling her wool commercially BTW my blogging friends) and it just whispered softly to me hatHatHAT :D
So I searched through my downloaded patterns, and came across the Scrappy Flapper by WoollyWormhead
It was begging to be tackled.
So I sat down, armed with newly printed out pattern, newly wound wool (god I LOVE my wool winder) 4 DPNs and fully expected to be throwing it away in disgust after attempting to cast it on and use DPNs. But, I have some bamboo DPNs and they are fabulous...no lost stitches or anything! It grew and grew and grew...then after the shaping I decided to switch to a circular, just for speeds sake really....as I wanted to complete it....I had a real NEED to complete it. I have been working tirelessly on a trade order for the past 2 months....and I just needed a boost.... and finally I edged it in crochet, with Jaeger Matchmaker Merino Aran. I have never edged anything with crochet before.....and its turned out great!
I am going to knit my boys a hat each for Christmas...and embroider BB on Dan's (Big Brother) and LB on Joel's (Little Brother) *grin*
*~* Happy Saturday Blogland *~*

2 Comments:

Blogger Girlie-swirls said...

wow the hat looks gorgeous, youve inspired me to buy the pattern too!!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm just on my first foray into sock knitting and while it's proving to be a pain with the pattern I have, I think I could become addicted - this wool would be great for socks!1 (if I could get the right weight...)

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home