Thursday, July 27, 2006

My first Crochet project!!!

Before felting.....























After Felting....























Crocheted with hand dyed Aran weight wool, on an 8mm hook, and then felted in the tumble dryer after :) This started out as a practice square for Double Crochet, then it just grew and grew....so I thought I could make something with it.
Its finished dimensions are 5 inches wide and 9.5 inched deep, so its kind of a wierd shape.... tee hee :)
If I am honest I am a "want it now" fibre artiste......so the thick wool and big 'ooks/needles are the way to go for me......but i think i could get to like crochet a bit!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

lovely, well done you:)

5:44 PM  
Blogger Nic said...

Oh, you know this is so wrong on so many levels!! You will now spend EVERY moment knitting or crocheting or both!!!!!!!!!!
It looks great and I must say that I have been dabbling in crochet recently.
Nic
xx

9:45 PM  
Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

love the colours, really cute!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home