Thursday, February 16, 2006

Surviving Half term....by the skin of my teeth!

Had a terrible day yesterday! Had a hormonal "middle of my cycle" day....*sigh*
Didn't get the KoolAid dyeing done, I just wasn't in the right frame of mind...my cup needs to be at least 1/2 full for me to attempt anything vaguely creative....ha ha ha
Shedir is coming along great guns though! got about another 10 rows to go, and then I can start the decreasing....the DB Baby Cashmerino is lovely yarn to work with, so soft and smooth :)
I went back to the same charity shop the day after my bargain find...and they had some more stashed away in a different place! So I got another 3 balls, in a different colourway...the baby blue.
Went to my Stitch 'n Bitch meeting again on Tuesday night, and it was a complete disaster :( We were in the main bar, no proper lighting at all.....everyone was attempting to knit by the light of tealights! It was also smoky. The room that has been reserved for us was being used...they'd double booked it. Its a perfect room too.....loads of light, 4 square leather sofas around a big square table. I will go again next week, give it one more try....I do feel a little out of place though, if I am honest :(
Am really looking forward to Sunday though, and praying for good weather, so we can go to the gig in the 'vette :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Nic said...

Sorry its being a hard week. J is being hard work this week. Every night I go to bed and think about the day and that I've been short-tempered with him and promise I will be better tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, he's been up an hour and I'm at it again!
Cool finds though with the wool. That would cheer me up no end ;o)
We need pics of the hat!!
The trousers I'm knitting are the little turtle knits 'picky pants' well based on them with a few adjustments. I've just looked at the doodlepants though and they look easier-might have to try them next. I think I might have a go at a picot edge when the weather gets a bit warmer and make L some cropped trousers and shorts. Aww yes please, I;d love a bit of your home dyed yarn if you've got some going spare ;o)
I hope today is going better.
Nic
xx

4:19 PM  
Blogger Minnieknits said...

Nooooo - not more good yarn ying ?
Right, if I knew where you lived, I'd phone all the charity shops and have you banned (and demand they post their yarn to me!!lol)

Stick with the SnB - it may go places and its nice to be around others that enjoy the same thing you do!!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home