Monday, February 20, 2006

The Darkness ROCK :)

Wow......is all I have to say!!!!!! One of the best gigs I have been to....sound wise, set wise and performance wise!!!! I didn't go with many expectations, only that I would have liked them to play certain favourite songs of mine (which they did).
The lead singer/guitarist, Justin Hawkins, came on to the track "Knockers"...suspended from the rigging over the crowd in a pair of Giant comedy breasts, the nipples flashing and everything.....hahahaha
( o ) ( o ) *Fantastic*
And in the encore, he was suspended over the crowd again in a harness....playing his guitar :) What a showman.
They started the set off with lots of rocking songs.....in the middle they slowed it down with a few ballads...the roadies brought on a piano at one point, and Justin played a beautiful rendition of "Blind Man", acoustic accompaniment too...brought tears to my eyes :)
I never knew a guitarist with so many guitars! After every song they changed axes..but Justin had about 6 different ones, including a beautiful bone coloured one, shaped to look like a maori fish hook, and one that had flourescent frets :)
They were fabaroonie..........!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger BabyLongLegs said...

Second teenage-hood!!! Like it :)
I make a point of going to see my favourite bands as much as I can.....I am a hip chick me :)
Love
Sarah xXx

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home